Aug 18, 2023 Open Lab Notes: Events Block, News Authors, Media Contact, Widgets for Post Types.
- Insider: Relaunched with the WDS 3.0
Note: Check your News Feeds connect to news.wsu.edu to make sure everything is working correctly.
Web Design System
- Events List Block: This block uses local events (Events Plugin) or an external feed, like events.wsu.edu. This block is similar to News List Block.
Note: Still some little bugs to work out.
- (BETA) WSUWP News Authors: This plugin will allow you to add authors to a website, similar to adding categories or tags, and change the editor of the post or page to the author.
- (BETA) WSUWP News Media Contacts: Similar to categories and tags, this allows you to create contact information (name, organization, email, and phone number)
- Widgets for Post and Custom Post Types (Not in Production Yet): Adding custom widgets to posts and custom post types in the right column, and before or after content. Settings and configurations are in Customize and Widgets.
- Body Class (Not in Production Yet): A field at the bottom of the post and custom post types in Customize to add custom CSS classes to the body for those post types.
- Newly Launched WDS Websites:
New @ web.wsu.edu
- Check Web Accessibility Training Status: Check whether you need to take the Web Accessibility Training. Remember: Web Accessibility Training is to be completed yearly.
- Defining Beta, Experimental, and Deprecated: A visual clue and definition of Beta, Experimental, and Deprecated blocks.
Submit a web support ticket to Report a Bug/Issue if you find a glitch.