There are three types of domains available for a WSU website.
- Third-level domains ((i.e. newdomain.wsu.edu)
- Fourth-level & beyond domains (i.e. newdomain.existingdomain.wsu.edu)
- Subdirectory URLs (i.e. existingdomain.wsu.edu/newsubdirectory)
The use of third level domains (i.e. newdomain.wsu.edu) is restricted and must go through additional approval before use. Please refer to Executive Policy #21: University Domain Name Policy for WSU’s domain name policy.
Include a justification statement addressing these three questions when submitting your request.
- Why is a fourth-level domain inappropriate or unavailable?
- Why are none of the provided general use domains are appropriate?
- Why the domain requested is unlikely to be requested by another unit/group in the WSU system?
Submit a web support ticket to request a new domain name with your justification statement.
Fourth-level & Beyond Domains
Work with your IT Department or crimson service desk for fourth-level domains, like newdomain.existingdomain.wsu.edu
Available Fourth-level domains
These fourth-level domains are available through Web Communication
Note about center.wsu.edu websites
Websites using center.wsu.edu must be a recognized WSU Center.
Submit a web support ticket to request a new website for your subdirectory website, like existingdomain.wsu.edu/newsubdirectory.
These subdirectories are available through Web Communication