What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics (GA) is a tool that tracks and reports website data. This allows you to understand how people use your sites in many different capacities.
Universal Analytics (UA) and Google Analytics 4 (GA4)
Websites are currently tracked with Google’s Universal Analytics (UA) and Google Analytics 4 (GA4). GA4 is the latest version of Google Analytics. It provides a more advanced and comprehensive set of features for analyzing user behavior on websites. However, GA4 is still in its early stages. GA4 may not have all the features and integrations of the older Universal Analytics platform. Consider using both UA and GA4 properties to get a comprehensive view of the website. UA will stop processing data on July 1, 2023.
Accessing Google Analytics
Link Your WSU Email Address With a Google Account
Please convert your WSU email address into a Google Account by following the steps below.
- Go to the Google Accounts sign-up webpage.
- Follow the prompt for your information (first & last name, birth date, and gender), and select “Next” after filling in all the fields.
- Select “Use your existing email.”
- Enter your WSU email in the Email address field.
- Google will send a verification email to your WSU email. Copy and paste the verification code and select “Next.”
- Your WSU email will be connected to Google and you can connect to the Google Analytics account for your department’s website.
Submit a web support ticket to request access to Google Analytics.