Why Build a Form?
There are several reasons why you would use a form:
- Collecting feedback
Types of Forms:
At Washington State University we have three tools our users can utilize when gathering input. While there is quite a bit of shared functionality between the tools, they each have their strong suits.
- Gravity Forms
- Plugin on the WordPress platform
- Good at taking small batches of non-sensitive data (see ep73)
- Third party service that WSU has an enterprise level licence with
- Excellent for large surveys with conditional logic
- Built in Data visualization tools
- Can be distributed anonymously
- Homegrown solution in the process of being deprecated, but is currently the only option available for taking credit cards
- Only form where there is an associated fee when setting up
How to Request each type:
Gravity Forms: If you do not see “Forms” in the left menu of your WordPress site’s backend:
Send a request to either your Web Coordinator, else the WebTeam for assistance in adding it.
Formtool: To request a Formtool, you will need to send a request to the web team. There is a fee of $350 for a new form and $175 for revamping an old form.
|Gravity Forms||Qualtrics||Form Tool|
|Credit Card Processing||❎||❎||✅|