Thursday, May 21, is Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). The purpose of GAAD is to get those who create electronic and information technology (websites, software, mobile apps, online documents, etc.) thinking and learning about making accessible and inclusive technology for users with varying abilities.
On May 21, take an hour to:
- Perspective videos: Learn how accessible digital content benefits everyone.
- Explore how people with disabilities use the web.
- Experience first-hand the impact of digital accessibility.
- Access “An Introduction to Screen Readers” recorded webinar, provided by Deque.
- Participate in virtual activities to celebrate GAAD.
- Watch a series of recorded webinars about inclusive education, provided by Blackboard.
- Join live webinars about digital accessibility, provided by Deque.