Thursday, May 16, is Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). The purpose of GAAD is to get those who create electronic and information technology (websites, software, mobile apps, online documents, etc.) thinking and learning about making accessible and inclusive technology for users with varying abilities.
On May 16, take an hour to:
- Experience first-hand the impact of digital accessibility.
- Access “An Introduction to Screen Readers” recorded webinar, provided by Deque.
- Participate in a series of webinars about inclusive education, provided by Blackboard.
- Visit the information table at the WSU Spokane Campus. During the noon hour in the SAC Lobby, the WSU Spokane Accessibility Team will be available to answer questions and will have a “no-mouse” challenge. Stop by to find out more.
- Attend the GAAD Olympia event at the Washington State Capitol in Olympia.