Version 0.26.0 of the Spine Parent Theme has been released and deployed to the WSUWP Platform. This is actually the 22nd release since the announcement of 0.22.0. 😅
As mentioned then, we’re still working on the workflow for release posts. Often the changes are very small and incremental, though it’s best to get the info out there.
Here are all the notable changes since that last announcement.
- New: Apply improved default styling for content on top of slideshow and banner sections added with the page builder.
- New: Apply improved default styling for galleries. Specifically, these now respect the columns setting.
- New: Remove an extra space when generating a page’s HTML title.
- New: Consolidate a large amount of admin CSS and clean up the page builder interface styles.
- Provide the option to assign background images to columns in the page builder interface. (0.25.2)
- Use the site’s configured Twitter handle when sharing through the article’s header or footer area. Previously this was set to @wsupullman. (0.25.2)
- Include a
parts/share-tool.phptemplate for use when overriding the share tool area on individual articles in child themes. (0.25.2)
- The default secondary color when using the Bookmark styles is now Criimson. (0.25.1)
- Merge the default WordPress “Site Identity” and Spine “Main Header” sections in the Customizer. This may be confusing for a bit as we figure out the best way to show this information. (0.25.0)
- Set Open Sans as the default font family for new sites. (0.25.0)
- Set the default Spine grid style to fluid for new sites. (0.25.0)
- Set the default page template to Builder Template for new sites. (0.25.0)
- Allow author pages to be disabled through Advanced in the Customizer. (0.24.2)
- Remove the print icon from the Spine header and style remaining icons to fit. (0.24.0)
- Provide social sharing icons on single post content, controllable via the Customizer. (0.24.0)
- Clear floating elements above
- Deprecate the “light” and “vellum” color variants for the Spine in the Customizer. (0.23.4)
- Fix an issue where the “Bleed left” option was set true by default. (0.23.3)
- Add support for slide titles in the page builder. (0.23.2)
- Allow for the positioning of featured images when used as backgrounds. (0.23.0)
- Apply a default style to
dtelements in Events Calendar Pro. (0.22.6)
- Allow for custom post types to support the page builder interface. (0.22.4)
- Provide the
X-UA-Compatiblemeta tag with a value of
IE=EDGEin HTML to try and force new versions of IE out of compatibility mode.
Well then. Here’s to a shorter release list next time! 👋