Over the next few weeks, Web Communications will be “associating” Google Analytics properties (within the *.wsu.edu family) with their corresponding Webmaster Tools / Search Console accounts. About 40 associations have been completed so far.
The natural response: ‘So what? What is that going to do for me?’
The Search Console allows website/GA owners to better see:
- What pages have been indexed on your site
- What domains link to your site
- Errors encountered by web crawlers
- The crawl rate of your site
- Your website’s performance in Google organic searches
- More data regarding keywords, landing pages, devices, etc.
Please note: This step, to associate GA properties with their Webmaster Tools/Search Console, is being performed only on Google Analytics accounts over which the site owners have granted Web Communication access and permission to help. Site owners who maintain their own GA accounts, without Web Communications assistance, might want to take this step on their own, in order to benefit from the additional analytics data.
For additional information, see https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/4559176