Version 0.22.0 of the Spine Parent Theme has been released and deployed to the WSUWP Platform. This is actually the 9th release since the last announcement of 0.20.1. We’re still working on our workflow for release posts and many of the changes are back-end or very minor. All are included here.
- Provide a filter (spine_get_campus_home_url) to override the campus home URL in child themes. (0.20.2)
- Refactor handling of Open Sans fonts so that only one request to Google for font files is made vs the previous configuration where multiple requests may have been possible. (0.20.3)
- When using the Bookmark theme, do not show the gray WSU background on the home page. (0.20.3)
- The class section-wrapper is now attached to any section wrapper by default in addition to the wrapper class specified in section configuration. This will help target all wrapped sections in a page. (0.20.4)
- Add filters and actions so that child themes can alter how sections are built. (0.21.0)
- Add support for custom section IDs in each section’s configuration. (0.21.0)
- Link article thumbnails to their respective article. Previously there was no link. (0.21.1)
- On some imported content, featured images may not be available. In these cases, we should not output the HTML markup for handling these images unless an actual source exists. (0.21.2, 0.21.3, 0.21.4)
New Features in 0.22.0
Columns in the page builder have always had their titles output as H2 elements. In 0.22.0, these titles can be configured through the column’s configuration to display as H2, H3, or H4 header levels. Column titles will continue to default to H2.